This February, we’re challenging you to get chilly for the Youth Trust!
We have a group of experienced cold water swimmers taking a plunge into icy cold water every week for five minutes to raise funds for our work empowering young people to transform society.
For those of us who are not experienced with cold water swimming, we’re challenging you to take a 1-minute dip in an ice-cold bath, donate £10 to the Youth Trust, and challenge a friend to do the same! Text FROSTYFEB to 70085 to donate £10 to the Youth Trust.
Texts cost £10 plus one standard rate message
For those who are taking an ice bath, pop on the cold tap, add some ice and get ready for your chilly 1-minute dip! Put on a top and some shorts, and film yourself tagging the us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #FrostyFeb.
Donate your £10 to the Youth Trust here, and tag a friend to do the same! You can also text FROSTYFEB to 70085 to donate your £10 to the Youth Trust. Texts cost £10 plus one standard rate message.
Cold water swimming
For those of you who have experience in cold water swimming, you can join our team of swimmers taking the icy plunge every week. If you have little experience of cold-water swimming, this can be dangerous – so please don’t try this unless you have previous experience. If you are planning on taking on the cold-water swimming, please speak to us so we can help you set up you Virgin Money Giving sponsorship page.
All cold-water swimming and ice bath dips are at your own risk.
We're raising funds because the Covid pandemic has had a huge effect on local communities and we believe that young people can play a part in rebuilding them through meaningful social action. Our Young Leaders Award gives young people an opportunity to learn key leadership skills and character virtues and put them into action by supporting those around them.
We are passionate about developing opportunities for young people to grow in leadership, faith and character, in partnership with schools, churches and communities. Through the Young Leaders Award, we have empowered over 100,000 young people from over 850 schools to learn and practice key leadership skills and character virtues and to transform their communities through social action.
Support our cold water swimmers:
Lara Fawcett (Trustee)
All cold water swims and ice bath dips are completed at your own risk.
- If you are doing the cold-water challenge you must be over 18 and you must contact the Youth Trust first. All swims are done at your own risk, but we must ensure it is safe and wise for you to swim for #FrostyFeb before you do.
- If you are doing the ice bath challenge at home and are under 18, you must be under the supervision of an adult.
- Please check your local conditions, tides and RNLI reports before your challenge to ensure your area is safe for swimming.
- Please have at least one person from your household or support bubble, who is a competent swimmer, to watch and support you while you swim, to ensure your safety.
- Please do not take part in the challenge if you have any underlying health conditions that make you more vulnerable.
- If your area is in lockdown, please do not break any guidelines or travel to any water beyond your area.